Teacher Mini Grant Program
The application deadline for 2019-20 Mini Grants has now passed. Check back in July 2020 for the opportunity to participate in the 2020-21 Teacher Mini Grant Program.
The Loudoun Soil & Water Conservation District offers a limited number of mini-grants of up to $500 to Loudoun County teachers. The Mini-Grants are intended for projects that integrate soil and water conservation into any curriculum.
Criteria for Mini-Grant:
- Addresses soil and water conservation and environmental education objectives.
- Increases awareness about natural resources.
- Presents a specific, feasible plan of action to accomplish well defined, short term and long term results.
- Develops new or expands use of existing educational resources.
- Offers the potential to serve as a model for use in other schools or classrooms.
The Loudoun Soil & Water Conservation District Board of Directors will review mini-grant proposals and award funding to successful candidates. Notification of grant awards will be made as soon as possible. All proposals must be received by 5:00 PM on Monday, December 2, 2019.
Grant recipients must complete the proposed project within the timeline stated in their grant proposal. All recipients must submit a mid-year report by April 30, 2020, and a final report outlining their project achievements by June 30, 2020.
Procedure to Apply:
Complete the Loudoun SWCD Mini-Grant Program downloadable application.
There are three ways to submit your application:
1) Email completed application form to email@example.com
2) Send via the county pony mail system to: Loudoun SWCD, xMSC#95
3) Mail to:
Attn: Jennifer Venable
30 Catoctin Circle, SE, Suite 218
Leesburg, VA 20175
ALL PROPOSALS MUST BE RECEIVED BY: 5:00 PM, MONDAY, December 2, 2019